The ticking clock heralds the passing of time.
Endless, monotonous minutes creep through the hallways of the mind and the labyrinth of the soul where men are left to face himself and his irresistible compulsions. These unspoken forces drive our deepest desires and fuel our most profound fears. We are powerless in front of them, just as we are powerless in the face of the march of time. Do you hear it?They call for you in the midnight hour, whispering in your mind’s ears the most secret of secrets.
Do you see it?They appear to you from the corner of your eye, beckoning you to follow them down the rabbit hole.
The clock chimes. It’s time to listen up and follow suit. Will you come seek us in the darkened rooms filled with echoes of the past? Will you dance with us under the garish mercury moon? Will take our hands and join us through the Longest Night?
Welcome to the “Longest Night” Challenges where we explore men’s deepest fears and desires until he comes face to face with his most irrational and terrible fate.
Seven O’Clock: Megalomania First coined in the year 1890, megalomania is the delusion fantasy of grandeur, power, knowledge and inflated self-esteem. Those who suffer from megalomania are known to be narcissistic and have an unfounded high self-esteem. It was once thought to be a form of defence mechanism that had gone awry and indeed, overboard. Today, it is a rare condition that has often been placed on hated enemies and foreign heads of state. It is suspected that many dictators suffer from megalomania.
Notable example: : The Heads of the North Korean state, Kim Jung-Il and Kim Jung-un were said to have perpetrated multiple acts that smelled very suspicious for megalomania.(This include claiming that they have invented the Hamburger, written 15 operas, scored 5 hole-in-one in one game of golf, etc.)
Coming up: Eight O'clock: Fear in the smallest places
1. You have to be a member of our group to enter the contest.
Not a member? Click "Join the Group" on our homepage Madmen-Asylum
2. All visual media is allowed. No Lit entries, sorry.
3. Start date: 1st of December End date: 31th of December time zone PDT
4. New entries only. Your deviation have to be submitted from 1st of December to 31st of December.
5. Add to top of your description what your work was done for our group contest. Something like this will be fine:
"This is my entry to the @
madmen-asylum The Longest night Contest [link]
6. Entry have to be your own. No line arts, no bases.
For photomanipulations:If there was used any resource (such as stock photographs or textures) they have to be credited in your descriptions.
If there are collaborations the prize will be given to just one of the participants and then they'll have to divide it.
7. All entries have to fit our group theme. Please keep in mind, we all are mad here.
8. One winner if there were 1-15 entries. Two winners if there were 15-30 entries, etc. The judges, however, do not count as participants. We are here to give you a form of suggestion/guidance/inspiration.
9. You can enter as many as you want but you can win just once.